Sunday, August 06, 2006

06 August 2006 - front yard


Below:
The morning light was perfect so I decided to photograph individual plants. Following is a selection of portraits.

Zinnia grandiflora
According to High Country Gardens, this plant is "recommended for gardeners who have experience gardening with native plants." I don't know if I qualify. Anyway, in May, I bought four at the local Horticultural Arts Society plant sale for $1.00 each. I planted them in the most arid corner of the garden and pretty much left them alone (although I did water them when temperatures exceeded 95 degrees). Three survived. I recently added the pebble mulch. Now the plants are in bloom. Hurrah!

Coreopsis

Paprika Yarrow

Red Yarrow

Russian Sage

Agastache - Ava's Hummingbird Mint

Black-Eyed Susan

Thymus (I think these are Reiter creeping thyme)

No comments: